Celebration Bermudagrass® offers the quality attributes golf courses and sports fields seek. As the featured turfgrass on the world’s stage, Celebration has provided the playing surface for PGA, LPGA, TPC, World Cup, and Olympic events.
The reason comes down to performance. In study after study, Celebration outperforms competitors. With high plant density and deep roots, Celebration is strong and resilient.
- rated #1 for wear tolerance – North Carolina State University study
- rated #1 for divot/injury recovery – University of Arkansas study
- rated #1 for drought tolerance and recovery – Texas A & M University study
- rated #1 for shade tolerance – Clemson University study
The Golf Digest ratings of the top golf courses include international projects featuring Celebration. IMG-designed Ba Na Hills Golf Club in Vietnam ranked number 89 in the top 100 courses in all of the world. The West Course at the Tournament Players Club Kuala Lumpur (TPCKL) was redesigned by Parslow & Winter to include Celebration tees and fairways and captured the number 2 spot in Golf Digest’s rankings of the top golf courses in Malaysia. The West Course is also the location of the CIMB Classic, Southeast Asia’s only official PGA Tour FedEx Cup event.
TPCKL Head of Agronomy Mohd Nizam Othman, CGCS, was instrumental in selecting Celebration for the renovation and has found the decision to be a wise one.
“Celebration Bermudagrass has high disease and insect resistance,” said Othman. “Less pesticides used means less cost.”
Besides its championship performance characteristics, Celebration scores with appearance as well. Celebration’s dark blue-green color makes it as beautiful as it is strong with excellent color retention even in the cooler seasons.
“Celebration is quite dense and has very nice color,” said Othman. “For our climate and conditions, Celebration is the right choice.”
Practical benefits also contribute to the popularity of Celebration. With rapid horizontal growth from aggressive creeping rhizomes and stolons, Celebration spreads quickly during grow-in and recovery but requires less mowing and nitrogen than typical bermudagrasses.
Some of the projects worldwide featuring Celebration Bermudagrass:
- Arena Fonte Nova Brazil 2014 World Cup Stadium
- Arena Mané Garrincha Brazil 2014 World Cup Stadium
- Castelão Brazil 2014 World Cup Stadium
- Mineirão Brazil 2014 World Cup Stadium
- Maracanã Stadium 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Brazil
- Ba Na Hills Golf Club in Vietnam
- TPC Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia
- DLF Golf and Country Club in India
- Harmonie Golf Park in Vietnam
- Stone Valley Golf Resort in Vietnam
- PGA National in the USA
- Harbour Town Golf Links in the USA
Click here to learn more about Celebration® Bermudagrass.